Quickbooks Software offers some advanced level of accounting features that makes it easier for the users to keep a track of all the financial data of their business. However, while trying to access the Quickbooks Company file, there are some instances where you might encounter Quickbooks Error 6000 77 that can occur because of several reasons. If you have encountered this Quickbooks Error and looking for some Quick solution then you can read this article till the end.
Below is the article, we have discussed what are the possible reasons that can cause this error and how you can troubleshoot it quickly.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6000 77
Below listed are some of the prime reasons that can cause this error. you can learn about these causes to easily troubleshoot this error.
- The Quickbooks software is unable to locate or access the Quickbooks Company file. this issue generally occurs when the company file is stored in an external device other than the local drive.
- Limited permission to access the company file can also cause this error. If the permission to access the file is disabled then you are likely to experience this error.
- Trying to access the Quickbooks Company file from other mapped devices can also cause this error.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 6000 77?
As we have mentioned above, the Quickbooks Error 6000 77 can occur because of some issues in the configuration of the software. You can easily troubleshoot this error by using the methods mentioned below.
Method: 1 Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
The best way to resolve this error is to make use of the Quickbooks File Doctor Tool. It is an automated tool by Quickbooks that helps users to repair the damaged or corrupted files in the Quickbooks Software. this tool will automatically detect and diagnose this error. You need to just install this tool on your device and it will automatically run the diagnose process to fix this error. You can follow the method mentioned below to download the software.
- Go to the browser window and open the official website of Intuit.
- Now browse through the pages and open the Quickbooks File Doctor Download Page.
- Now, Click on the download button and then wait until the tool is downloaded successfully on your device.
- Now, go to the windows explorer screen and open the default download folder of your device.
- Now run the installation file of the Quickbooks File doctor tool and follow the given instructions to complete the installation process successfully.
- Now open the Quickbooks File Doctor tool and click on Browse files.
- Now choose the company file you want to repair and then click on the Scan button.
- this will run the diagnose process to repair the damaged Quickbooks File.
- this process can take time, depending upon the size of the file.
- Once the process completes, the software will ask the version of the file with which you want to open it.
Now try opening the Quickbooks Company file to check if the error has been resolved or not. You can also try the next method if you are still getting the error.
Method: 2 Change Name of Quickbooks Component files
If you have tried the above method but still not getting an effective result then you can try renaming the Quickbooks Component files such as .TLG and .ND files. You can follow the steps below:
- Press Windows+E Key to open the Windows Explorer screen.
- Now go to the C:\drive and access the Intuit Folder.
- Open the Quickbooks Folder and then right-click on the .TLG and .ND file.
- Choose the rename option and then add “old” at the end of the file name and click on Save.
- Click on Ok and then close the window.
- Now restart your device and check if the error still persists or not.
So these are some of the Quick Ways through which you can easily troubleshoot the Quickbooks Error 6000 77. Once the error has been resolved, it is advisable to run a complete malware scan of your device to remove any kind of virus or malicious files from your device. In case, you are unable to resolve this Quickbooks error and need some help to resolve this error then you can send your query to the Quickbooks Team. They are available 24×7 to help you with any kind of issue with the Quickbooks Software.