While updating the Quickbooks Company file using Network Server On Quickbooks Software, you might get Quickbooks Error 6123 that can occur because of several reasons. In General, this error mostly occurs because of damaged or corrupted company file in Quickbooks. If you have encountered this error then you can troubleshoot this error quickly using the methods mentioned below.
If you have encountered this error then read this article till the end. We have mentioned below the methods to fix this error and what are the causes that lead to this error.
What is Quickbooks Error 6123 and What are its Causes?
If you are trying to Restore a Quickbooks backup file from a Multi-Network server then there are instances where you might encounter Quickbooks Error 6123. You will get an error message on your screen and the software will stop working. Below listed are some of the common issues that can lead to this error.
- If you are trying to restore the Quickbooks Backup file using an external device then you are likely to face this error.
- Any kind of issue in the configuration of the Host server while restoring the Backup file might lead to this error.
- You might encounter this error because of the damaged and corrupted Quickbooks Company file.
- Quickbooks Software might be getting this error because of firewall software in your device.
- Security software like McAfee software can block the Quickbooks Software to access the company file.
- Using a Corrupted or Damaged Operating system can also cause this error.
Methods to Troubleshoot Quickbooks error 6123
Method: 1 Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks File Doctor tools are provided by the Quickbooks Software to repair damaged corrupted company files in the Quickbooks Software. You can use this tool to troubleshoot this error. Follow the steps mentioned below to download and use the Quickbooks File Doctor tool.
- Open a browser window and open the official Website of Intuit.
- After this, go to the download page of the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Click on the download button and then wait until the download completes.
- Now open the default download folder and then double-click on the installer file to run it.
- Follow the given instructions to complete the installation process.
- Now run the Quickbooks File Doctor tool and then browse and choose the Quickbooks Company file.
- Now mark the option that says “Check the damage only” and then click upon the “diagnose” option.
- After this, enter your administrator password when prompted on the screen and then click on “Ok”.
- After this, choose either of the options.
- Repair File in the Existing Version.
- Open File in a Newer Version.
- Now follow the instructions as prompted on the screen to complete the diagnose process.
- Now, wait until the process completes and then restart your device.
After this, try running the backup process again to check if the error has been resolved. if the error still persists then you can continue with the next method mentioned below.
Method: 2 Change Quickbooks Company File Name
- Open the windows explore window and go to the folder where the Quickbooks File is stored.
- After this, look for the file with .ND and .TLG and right-click on it.
- Now choose the Rename option and then add “OLD” at the end of the file name.
- Click on Ok to save the file name and then close the opened window.
- Now restart your device and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Method: 3 Quickbooks Company File Location
If you have tried the above methods but still not getting an effective result then you can try changing the location of the Quickbooks Company file.
- Go to the Quickbooks Folder and right-click on the file name.
- Choose the cut option and then open another location.
- Right-click on the desktop screen and then choose the paste option.
Method: 4 Disable Security Software temporarily
The anti-malware program in your device can block or restricts the Quickbooks Software to access the Quickbooks Company file. hence, You can troubleshoot this error by temporarily disabling the security software temporarily. But Make sure to enable the security software after successfully updating the company file as an Anti-Malware program is a must keep your device secure from viruses and malware.
After this, try opening the Company file in Quickbooks Software to check if the error has been resolved or not. If the error still persists then you might need to contact the experts at Quickbooks Software to troubleshoot the error.
So these are some of the ways which can be used to resolve this error. After this, You can update the Quickbooks Company file without any error. However, while trying to use Quickbooks Software in Multi-User mode, If you are getting an error message that says “Quickbooks Multi-User Mode Not Working” then you can fix this error by changing the configuration of Hosting files in Quickbooks Software.