Accounting and Bookkeeping have changed with the introduction of financial software QuickBooks. It is full of incredible features and tools that make it trusted by various and organizations. Despite that, it gets some technical errors that hamper the functioning of this software.
If you use this software, you might get Quickbooks missing name list problems once because it is one of the most errors. Facing the “Missing name list problem” QuickBooks indicates that some names, items, accounts are missing somewhere on the QB desktop. This post will get to know why this error occurs and how you can fix it instantly.
What Happens When “Missing Name List Problem” QuickBooks Occurs?
This error led to the disappearance of company files from the QBs list. This error occurs in customer and vendor lists including reports, transactions, and centers. After you come across this error, your screen will show a notification stating- We’re sorry, QuickBooks can’t open the company file. Reboot the system to fix the issue. Due to this error, QuickBooks can’t get access to open the company file. So, repairing this error immediately is important.
Factors causing “Missing Name List Problem” QuickBooks Problem?
The causes that give birth to the Quickbooks missing name list problem are mentioned below:
- Damaged system files.
- Incomplete Quickbooks installation.
- Third-party applications.
- Removing applications improperly.
- Some Antivirus.
- Improperly shutdown of the PC.
- Corrupt files can also cause missing name list problem QuickBooks
- Virus attack.
Repair QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem
These 5 solutions for fixing QuickBooks missing name list problems will fix the error and you will never encounter this issue ahead.
Solution 1: QuickBooks File Doctor
- Visit QuickBooks original website.
- Install the software and then launch it.
- Visit the Company File Problems section.
- Click on Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Find the company file with the error and tap on the Repair option.
- The tool will scan and repair the errors automatically. You will be notified about it.
- See if the QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem is repaired or not.
Solution 2: Restoring the Company File Backup
- Reach out to your company file.
- Tap on Open or Restore Company.
- Under it, select Restore a backup copy and hit Next.
- Tap on the Local Backup option and press Next.
- From the List option, pick a location for the backup file.
- Choose extension .qbb for that file.
- Tap on Open and then Next.
- After that, save the List of choices.
- Pick a Location for the file.
- Name it and tap on Save. If the screen displays notifications then reply to initiate the restoration process.
Solution 3: Using Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery
You can retrieve the latest transaction using extensions .qbw.adr and .tlf. Follow the steps:
- Reach out to the Desktop and make a fresh folder.
- Name it- ‘(QB Test/QuickBooks Test).
- Reach the folder containing company files and open it.
- Press F2 Key to access the files.
- Open your file and find the file with extension .tlg. It has the same name as your company file.
- Copy that file and paste it to that fresh folder you had made in the 1st step naming QB test.
- Open the Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery folder which is near the folder of the company file.
- Copy the .QBW.adr file.
- Visit the QB test folder and paste the file there.
- Now check if you’ve .tlg and .QBW.adr in the QuickBooks test folder.
- Go to the folder of QB tests and tap on the .QBW.adr.
- Choose Rename after right-clicking.
- At the bottom of the file, delete .adr.
- Tap on QB.
- Reach out to your company file and click two times on it. Fill in the credentials to see that the transactions are accessible.
- Visit File>Utilities to verify the data.
- If you have pasted a correct company file, you can move it from the QB test folder to the actual site.
Solution 4: Perform a Clean Install to Fix Corrupt Files
- Download Quickbooks Tool Hub from the QBs site.
- Open it.
- Visit the Installation problems section.
- Pick the Clean Install Tool option
- A clean installation will begin.
Solution 5: Downloading QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem Repair Utility
Also called the Novice computer user solution because it is 100% automatic.
- Download the tool- QuickBooks error missing name list problem repair utility.
- Save the file on your desktop.
- Click two times on the file to open it.
- Run it.
- Tap on the option Scan.
- After the scanning process is finished, tap on Fix errors.
- An auto repair of the damaged files will begin.
- After it, restart your PC and examine if QuickBooks missing name list problem is fixed or not.
You can find here all proven solutions to resolve QuickBooks missing name list problems. This post contains the root reasons, symptoms, and fixing steps to eradicate QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem. For resolving more doubts, feel free to Contact QuickBooks Customer Support 24×7.